- The Claims Service
- Please note Harwood Claims Management Limited (trading under the style of “Hidenda”) provides claims management services in connection with the pursuit of financial mis-selling type claims. The services Hidenda provides involves investigating and advising upon financial mis-selling claims and thereafter assisting in pursuing redress or compensation where appropriate.
- In very brief terms, the following are the typical steps Hidenda would undertake in the course of providing claims management services: (a) obtaining initial instructions from the client as to all relevant circumstances giving rise to the claim; (b) assessing the information provided and advising the client as to the possibility of making a claim; (c) preparing the necessary documentation for a claim to be submitted to the relevant respondent; (d) engaging the respondent to the point of admission or rejection of the claim; (e) advising the client on outcome and procedural steps including (without limitation) as to settlement terms.
- Client's Obligation
- Hidenda considers that client co-operation is paramount in the claim process as it enhances the prospects of success. That so, the commitment Hidenda expects from clients is as follows: (a) providing information and instructions when requested and promptly; (b) completing paperwork; (c) co-operating with Hidenda at all times in the course of the claim process; and (d) not misleading Hidenda in any way.
- How Hidenda Keeps its Clients Updated?
- Throughout the claim process, Hidenda provides regular updates to the client of all material developments and a cumulative written update is provided on no less than 6 months intervals. Hidenda will communicate generally with the client via telephone, post, email & SMS messages.
- Hidends Fees
Once a client enters into a contract with Hidenda pursuant to the Terms & Conditions, Hidenda would be entitled to charge a fee of 20% plus VAT (24%) of the gross amount of redress/compensation recovered on behalf of the client. The following is an illustration of the amount of the Hidenda fee in the event that the compensation or redressed recovered from the respondent amounts to:
£ £ £ Redress Recovered: 1,000.00 3,000.00 10,000.00 Hidenda Charge @ 24% including VAT: 240.00 720.00 2,400.00 Net Compensation to Client: 760.00 2,280.00 7,600.00
- Once a client enters into a contract with Hidenda pursuant to the Terms & Conditions, Hidenda would be entitled to charge a fee of 20% plus VAT (24%) of the gross amount of redress/compensation recovered on behalf of the client. The following is an illustration of the amount of the Hidenda fee in the event that the compensation or redressed recovered from the respondent amounts to:
- The Right to Cancel
- The client can cancel her/his agreement with Hidendaat any time within 14 days of a claim being submitted without giving any reason and without incurring any liability unless Hidenda receives an offer of compensation from the respondent within this period; in which case Hidenda's fee will be due. The client can communicate cancellation of the Hidenda agreement by telephone, in writing, in person or can use the cancellation form accompanying the Hidenda Terms & Conditions.
- The Right to Terminate
- The client can terminate her/his agreement with Hidenda at any time after the 14 days cancellation period (as explained above). In the event the client cancels after 14 days, the client must pay Hidenda its reasonable costs subject to a maximum of five hundred pounds plus VAT (Cancellation Fee). Hidenda's reasonable costs shall be calculated by multiplying the number of hours work completed by the rate of £50.00 per hour. If this occurs, Hidenda's fee will be due if the client ultimately receives an offer for compensation or redress from the relevant respondent.
- Available Redress Schemes
- The services rendered by Hidenda are not mandatory. Individual clients are not required to use Hidenda or any other claims management company. Client are perfectly entitled and able to pursue complaints or claims directly against the relevant respondent(s) for free. If the complaint or claim is rejected then the client may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, again at no cost at all. Instructing Hidenda is a client choice.